Acne is also simply called as pimples. Acne is medically also termed as acne vulgaris. It is a condition of skin that occurs when hair follicles plug with oil and dead skin cells. It is commonly seen in teenagers and adolescents. It presents itself by pimples, blackheads or whiteheads, greasy skin and scarring. The most commonly affected site is where there is more oil glands like face, chest and back.
How it occurs? Our skin has tiny pores which connect to oil glands located under the skin through follicles. The function of these glands is to produce sebum. This sebum carries dead skin cells through the follicles to the surface of the skin. Now when these follicles get blocked, there is accumulation of oil under the skin.
Different types of acne:
- Whiteheads– are very small sized and remain under the skin.
- Blackheads– are black and appear on the surface of the skin. It is clearly visible. It is not caused by dirt, so scrubbing vigorously will be of no use.
- Papules–are small bumps, usually pink
- Pustules– are red at their base and havepus at the top
- Nobules– large, solid painful pimples and are embedded deep in the skin
- Cysts– are painful, pus filled. Cysts can easily cause scars.
RISK FACTORS FOR ACNE:
- Heredity: family history is seen in certain cases
- Pressure: pressure from helmets, chin straps, collars, suspenders, and the like can aggravate acne in some patients.
- Drugs: Some medications may cause or worsen acne, such as those containing iodides, bromides, or oral or injected steroids
- Occupations: In some jobs, exposure to industrial products like cutting oils may produce acne.
- Cosmetics: certain cosmetics and skin-care products are pore clogging (“comedogenic”).
TOP SELECTEDHOMEOPATHIC MEDICINES FOR ACNE: Homeopathic treatment for acne is completely safe and free from side-effects; as homeopathically we treat the acne from the root cause; hence bringing cure to the individual.
Hepar sulph is one of the top selected remedy for acne, when eruptions are painful, pus filled. It is chiefly indicated for pustular acne and white heads.
Berberis aquifolium is best suited for those patients who develop plenty of acne which leaves scar.
Pulsatilla is more commonly indicated for young girls during puberty; who develop acne when their periods starts. It is also indicated for young girls who develop acne due to rich fatty food.
KALI BROMATUM is best suited for bluish red pimples which mostly erupt on face , chest, arms. Pimples are hard, indurated and painful. It works well for those pimples which leaves scars.
Sulphur is best suited to those patient whose skin is itchy and they scratch pimles till it bleeds. It is best suited for unhealthy skin with tendency to itch. Patient feels more heat.
Psorinum is indicated to those patients who have oily skin and develop pimples due to excessive secretion of sebum. It is especially suited to those whose acne get worse in winters. They have tendency to itch. It is best suited for acne simplex, acne indurate.
Calcarea sulph is indicated for cystic acne. There is unhealthy skin and acne have yellowish scabs. There is pustular discharge from acne.
Silicea is indicated for those who develop acne especially on face and it rarely moves to head. There is delayed healing of acne and it leaves scar behind.