MIGRAINE AND ITS HOEOPATHIC TREATMENT
Are you suffering from headache of varying intensity, often accompanied by nausea and sensitivity to light and sound? Be cautious, you should visit your physician to rule out if you might not be suffering from migraine.
A migraine is a severe painful headache that can be preceded or accompanied by sensory warning signs (aura), such as flashes of light, blind spots, tingling in the arms and legs, nausea, vomiting, and increased sensitivity to light and sound. Pain is excruciating that can last for hours or even days.
There are certain factors that triggers migraine:
- hormonal change during the menstrual cycles may predispose some women to experience migraine headache, oral contraceptives can trigger migraines.
- Various foods such as red wines, preserved food, chocolates, dairy products etc.
- alcoholic drinks
- Exposure to strong stimuli such as bright lights, loud noises, or strong smells.
- Pain may be moderate to severe, usually confined to one side of the head, but can occur on either side of the head.
- Pain increases during physical activity or when straining.
- Inability to perform regular activities due to pain.
- Feeling sick and physically weak.
- Increased sensitivity to light and sound, relieved by lying quietly in a darkened room.
- Some people experience other symptoms such as sweating, temperature changes, stomach ache, and diarrhoea.
Incidence of migraine can be reduced by improving lifestyle i.e. taking healthy diet and doing exercices or yoga that helps in relaxing mind and body.
HOMEOPATHIC TREATMENT: Homeopathic medicines are best suited for migraines with or without aura. Homeopathic medicines are of great help in treating the migraine headaches which lasts for even days together.
GLONINE is one of he best selected remedy for migraine headaches with congestion in head. Headache is triggered by exposure to sun. It gets better by sleeping and walking or exertion makes it worse. Pain is so severe that patient holds his head with hands. Heat is felt in head.
EPIPHEGUS is best suited when migraine occurs due to exhaustion due to mental or physical exertion. There is increased salivation along with spitting accompanied during a migraine attack. It acts well in both sided headaches, however it acts better in left sided headaches.
BELLADONNA is best suited for throbbing and pulsating types of headache which gets worse by noise and light. Headache is triggered by bathing head with cold water or exposure to cold air. Headache is relieved by applying pressure to head.
SPIGELIA is best suited for left sided headaches. There is a sensation of a tight band around the head. Stooping worsen the headache. While SANGUINARIA CANADENSIS is indicated for right sided headache which is relieved by lying in a dark room.
NUX VOM is best suited for headaches accompanied with gastric troubles. IRIS VERSICOLOR is best suited for headaches accompanied with nausea, vomiting and acidity.