HOMOEOPATHIC TREATMENT FOR PROSTATITIS
Are you suffering from recurrent urine infection , pain or burning during urination , frequent urge to urinate , chills and fever , difficulty in urination? All these symptoms indicate that you may be suffering from prostatitis .
What is prostatitis ? Prostatitis is defined as inflammation of prostate gland or it may be caused by bacterial infection . Prostatitis is often described as an infection of the prostate.
The primary symptom of chronic infectious prostatitis is usually repeated bladder infections. Prostatitis is considered chronic if it lasts more than three months.
Prostatitis can be classified as:
- Acute bacterial prostatitis : is a bacterial infection of the prostate gland that requires urgent medical treatment.
- Chronic bacterial prostatitis : is the result of recurrent urinary tract infections that have entered the prostate gland.
- Chronic nonbacterial prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome : The condition is marked by urinary and genital pain for at least three of the past six months. Patients have no bacteria in their urine, but may have other signs of inflammation.
How the prostate becomes infected is not clear. The bacteria that cause prostatitis may get into the prostate from the urethra by backward flow of infected urine or stool from the rectum. You are at higher risk for getting prostatitis if you:
- Recently have had a medical instrument, such as a urinary catheter (a soft, lubricated tube used to drain urine from the bladder) inserted during a medical procedure
- Engage in rectal intercourse
- Have an abnormal urinary tract
- Have had a recent bladder infection
- Have an enlarged prostate
Homoeopathic medicines like chimaphila, sabal serrulata, thuja, clematis rank above all in treating cases of prostatitis.
Chimaphila acts well in cases of acute prostatitis. There is retention and feeling of a ball in perineum. Patient is unable to urinate without standing with feet wide apart and body inclined forward.there is smarting in urethra from neck of bladder to meatus.
Clematis is indicated when there is tingling in urethra lasting sometimeafter urinating. Ther is frequent scanty urination with burning at orifice. Urine comes drop by drop. There is inability to pass all the urine , dribbling after urinating. Urethra feels constricted.
Sabal serrulata is indicated for prostatic troubles. There is constant desire to pass urine worse esp. at night . there is difficulty in urinating.
Thuja is indicated when there is pain and burning felt near the neck of bladder with frequent andurgent desire to urinate. Urethra is swollen and inflammed . it is also indicated for prostatic enlargement.