- Are you suffering from mood swings most frequently? Are you suffering from depression and maniac behavior frequently? Check with your physician; u might be at a risk towards bipolar disorder. It is also known as maniac depression. It is associated with episodes of mood swings ranging from depressive lows to manic highs. The exact cause of bipolar disorder is unknown, but a combination of genetics, environment ( Loss of mother before age 11, 3 or more children under 14 living at home, Lack of confiding relationship, Lack of employment) and altered brain structure and chemistry may play a role. It has been seen that those who are having family history or who had a stressful life during childhood are more prone to this disease.
TYPES OF BIPOLAR DISORDER
- Bipolar I Disorder— manic episodes that last at least 7 days, or manic symptoms are so severe that patient needs hospital care. While, depressive episodes typically last at least 2 weeks. Episodes of depression and manic symptoms at the same time are also possible.
- Bipolar II Disorder—is four times more common than bipolar I. It includes symptoms that are much less severe. There is a pattern of depressive episodes and hypomanic episodes.
- Cyclothymic Disorder (also called cyclothymia)— numerous periods of hypomanic symptoms as well numerous periods of depressive symptoms last for at least 2 years (1 year in children and adolescents). It involves mood swings and shifts similar to bipolar I and II, but the shifts are often less dramatic in nature. A person with cyclothymic disorder can often function normally without medication, though it may be hard.
It includes mood swings along with unusual sleep habits, activity levels, thoughts, or behavior. People may have manic episodes, depressive episodes, or “mixed” episodes (both manic and depressive symptoms).
- feeling over happy or “high” for long periods of time
- having a decreased need for sleep or feel very energetic and active.
- talking very fast, often with racing thoughts
- extremely restless or impulsive
- easily distracted
- overconfidence in your abilities
- engage in risky behavior, such as having impulsive sex, gambling with life savings, or going on big spending sprees
- feel sad or hopeless for long periods of time
- withdrawing from friends and family or losing interest in activities that you once enjoyed
- significant change in appetite
- fatigue or lack of energy
- speaking slowly
- having problems with memory, concentration, and decision-making
- suicide attempt, or having a preoccupation with death
HOMEOPATHIC TREATMENT FOR BIPOLAR DISORDER is safe and natural. It helps in curing the condition by eliminating the disease from its root cause. A homeopathic remedy selected after a thorough case taking helps in elimination of symptoms of bipolar mood disorders and can provide a cure to patient, as the most similar remedy stimulates the inner man (vital principle) and help him to come out of this behavioral issue. However, medicines like lilium tig, natrum mur, cannabis indica, ignitia, hyos, veratrum alb resemble symptoms of bipolar disorde